Friday, September 14, 2012

My first outreach experience

During the last Association of Catholic Teacher Trainees' (ACTT - St. Louis College of Education  community) meeting, Alice Amankwaa Awuah of ICPE Mission visited and gave a presentation about the Mission Possible outreach organized by the ICPE Mission every year.

That was my first time of hearing about the ICPE Mission and the programme. I was impressed and touched by what the ICPE Mission was doing and so I decided to join them. 

Upon hearing the number of weeks we had to spend on the programme, my doubt was, who to be held responsible should anything bad happen to me during the programme since the ICPE Mission is not a department within the College. This and a lot were going on in my mind until I heard that Mary Opoku Antwi, a senior College mate attended the programme last year. Despite this, my doubt was still not cleared but I said to myself, this is the work of God that we are going to do so should anything bad even happen; I am going in the name of God's work.

I joined the Group as I promised myself and I can proudly say it was a blessing being with the group. 
The Mission Possible outreach has introduced me to many first times which include:
  1. The first time in the classroom: Fasting and teaching in a class of 82 was something I thought was going to be difficult but by God's grace, it went on smoothly and I really enjoyed it.
  2. Proclaiming the word of God in front of a congregation: this was something I thought was meant for those who are matured in the Bible and Priests. I never thought I could do it until I gave it a try and it was marvelous.
  3. House to house evangelisation: taking the Bible in my hands and going round the village, moving from house to house and witnessing Christ to others. This is something which rejoices my soul whenever I remember it.
  4. Leading people in prayer, praise and worship.
All these I had never done before but by the grace of God and through Mission Possible Outreach, I have done them and I am very grateful to God. I feel very excited and also feel I have used my time very profitably during this vacation.

God bless Mission Possible Outreach and long live the ICPE Mission.

God richly bless you all.

Cecilia Dogbe Boatemaa
(St Louis College of Education, Kumasi)

No comments:

Post a Comment